Our mission is to train the next generation of the construction workforce to
be hired into entry-level jobs with Colorado based construction firms.
We will accomplish this mission through several six week programs of entry
level construction training that includes both online and in-person instruction,
and a Hiring Fair.
Program Training Curriculum
- Weeks 1-3 (online)
- Both self-paced and instructor led activities.
- These trainings will include individual tasks as well as group
discussions and online meetings.
- Weeks 3-6 (in-person)
- Trainings will be held Monday - Friday, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Two Saturday classes scheduled for a 6-hour site-visit/tour.
- Hiring Fair/Signing Day held on final Friday of in-person classes.
The Civil Construction Academy curriculum will focus on the Core:
Introduction to Basic Construction Skills book of the National Center for
Construction Education and Research (NCCER). The NCCER is a nationally
recognized program that provides a highly recognized standard across numerous
construction skilled trades and instruction.
The NCCER Modules that will be covered throughout the Civil Construction
Academy program are:
- Build Your Future in Construction
- Construction Site Safety
- Intro to Construction Math and Drawings
- Intro to Hand and Power Tools
- Introduction to Basic Rigging
- Communication and Interview Skills
- Intro to Materials Handling
- Heavy Highway Construction Orientation
- Heavy Equipment
- Traffic Work-Zone Safety
In addition to these topics, program graduates will also receive:
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety and Health Card
- American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED Certification